Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 3

My 2004 Tonga Green D3
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 13 of 32 <123 ... 121314 ... 303132>
disco-nut

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

Well, ended Christmas with an allergic reaction to something I have drunk every Christmas for 22 years Shocked So now officially T-Total, even though I don't drink any other time of year anyway.

But today, I got a bee in my bonnet and decided to get the wheels changed back over. The car is starting to feel like mine again Very Happy

Still a novelty driving on and off my new drive. I will be re-installing the Range Rover screen later as I will be using the Discovery again from tomorrow as my daily for a while as the Freelander fusebox is passed its best before Laughing

I am not bothering with the headlight guards for the minute as I will be changing the front crash bar and bumper soon, I will then put it all back on.

Post #219638126th Dec 2020 4:00 pm
disco-nut

Click image to enlarge

Still a novelty. Rolling with laughter
RR Screen back in.

But the D3 is poorly now. 1 front caliper seized on, 1 rear seized off Shocked Laughing

11 days until it can be fixed.

Post #219659827th Dec 2020 6:26 pm
disco-nut

Click image to enlarge

My drive is complete and now it looks how I want it. The Discovery has its pride of place.
I will start working on the Discovery soon, now that the drive is done.

Click image to enlarge

Post #219712029th Dec 2020 5:17 pm
DN
D3 Decade 

Ukraine 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Front ‘garden’ looks a vast improvement disco-nut, well done ! Thumbs Up
 D3 owned from new, P017 brake recall, BAS FBHIC, new FBH, LR013487 oil pump, new water pump. RRS front lower suspension arms. New suspension compressor/ relay. New Denso alternator. CuNifer rear brake pipes. New GKN rear propshaft. New HPFP belt & tensioner. New A/C Condenser.NO WARRANTY for many many years.  
Post #219713429th Dec 2020 5:47 pm
chrisoverson

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

Hey disco-nut

I've just been speed-reading the last umpteen pages of this thread since I stumbled across the post concerning the initial vandalism of your lovely Tonga Green D3.

Just wanted to say I feel for you. I'm also gay and myself and my partner just purchased our Tonga Green D3 just over 3 weeks ago. Must be popular with a certain type Rolling with laughter

I feel lucky that we haven't been exposed to the kind of person you have. It's absolutely disgusting and I admire you for keeping your cool through this - please make sure you continue to do so. I know it must feel like the police have totally failed you, but aggrevating you is exactly why people do this sort of crap. They clearly have nothing better to do.

We don't have a driveway, but I do have cameras covering the street here as my car has been driven into before. My suggestion would be, can you get a camera up as high as possible so that it covers the entire route from her front door to your cars, so if she can't be ID'd by face, at least they can see it's someone from that address?

I work in IT and manage a lot of network cameras for my employer, and can recommend a couple of high resolution IP cameras that are relatively inexpensive (depending on your point of view) but have pan, tilt, zoom and audio, which is extremely handy for an externally mounted camera. if you need any help or info on this, please let me know, as I'm all for bringing things like this to an end. Totally unnaceptable that you should live like that.

I also have fitted a dual front/rear dashcam (nextbase) to my D3 with parking mode so it will record on motion anything it captures. If you're lucky, this could catch someone very close up with high detail, enough to positively ID them.

Best wishes to you and your partner, and well done for soldiering on and not letting the gargoyle beat you.

Post #219715629th Dec 2020 6:36 pm
disco-nut

Now the driveway is done, as stupid as it sounds, it has given me the strength to hold back what I really want to do, however, because she lives in flats and uses entrances that give access to 16 properties, of which 4 other flat residents have been successfully convinced by her that I am bullying her, (despite me making 0 contact with her other than responding occasionally to her behaviour), so as far as the police go, it could be anyone from those flats. As said before though, If I catch whoever it is in the act, at least 1 person will need an ambulance. But today after the drive was finished, she saw me talking to another neighbour who I help and who has helped me a lot since living here, and she couldn't help but come out and walk past several times across the road from us to listen at what we were talking about, so made a point of talking quietly to make her suspicious, we weren't talking about her at all, but as we finished our conversation and she walked by the final time, I blurted out, nice to see bigots enjoying some excersize Laughing She stormed off. She has been videoing, photographing and stalking the people who have been helping do the work to my garden which I find funny. Already forewarned everyone who has come out as to the situation loudly so she can hear Laughing Got an extra camera going up over the driveway as soon as a new lead is sourced, and got to empty the campervan out of car parts so I can access the leisure battery and connect the dash cams to that as I plugged them in thinking they were, and accidentally ended up with a flat battery Laughing The dash cams are aimed at the alley way and the communal entrance to the flats. But this drive has pushed my finances almost beyond my limit. So for now, got to make do with what I have got. But stress levels greatly reduced at the moment as the moaning old men are pleased that there is no mud being tracked on the path and have commented how nice I have made the property look.

Post #219724529th Dec 2020 9:40 pm
disco-nut

Tracker now back in. And the car is a daily, but the temperatures are too low to even be able to paint in a Gazebo with sides and a patio heater, so sadly the bodywork is going to have to stay as it is until we get to at least 10 degrees outside or close to that before a patio heater has any hope of helping me get the paint done.

Now plucking up the courage where I can pick a day to dismantle the front end, fit the new crash bar, and fit the upgraded front bumper.

I am finding it an absolute novelty being able to work on my cars on my drive instead of a muddy garden and coming in without tracking mud in everywhere Rolling with laughter

Even had time and was able to replace the rear lights and light guards on the Freelander and leave my tools out without fear of them being stolen in the 5 seconds of popping in and out of the house Laughing

And the woman who is the one causing and instigating all the trouble lives in the flat on the ground floor to the left of the entrance shown in the photo where my Freelander and Discovery are pictured from my front door.

Post #219746230th Dec 2020 5:48 pm
disco-nut

My Discovery to the rescue again. I love this motor. Glad I bought it back from the insurance company.

Freelanders battery was determined not to make it to 2021. Who can blame it? Rolling with laughter But the Discovery jumped the Freelander back into life today. New battery waiting for me at the shop to collect it. Just haven't got the motivation to leave the house yet. But as much as I love my Discovery, I do love my little Freelander.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

I really hope all my ebay orders for car parts actually turn up this week as I have a lot to do but I am bored as hell.

Post #21980521st Jan 2021 11:59 am
disco-nut

With the new project now going on which involves a proper sized workshop for me to be able to Land Rover parts repairs services on a larger scale over winter months, the Discovery has had to step up again.

Approximately 340 bricks, that should be about a 3rd of what I need to do part of the landscaping.
Only 1 tyre suffered a puncture on this trip Laughing

Post #21989624th Jan 2021 3:49 pm
aja4x4

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Poor Disco 340 bricks at 2.2kg thats a lot of weight! Wink

Post #21990204th Jan 2021 6:42 pm
disco-nut

2.2kg? Do you mean 220kg? I have no idea what they weigh, but do know some people have had over 700 in the back of one of these, but I am not that stupid Laughing These were loaded safely and I accelerated and braked gently all the way home. The Discovery will be going away for however long the garage has it for from Friday though. So making the best use out of it until the end of tomorrow. Helping a charity tomorrow who were unable to book a tip run, and thankfully I had already booked several and have enough room to squeeze there junk in too. So tomorrow it will be doing one huge tip run. Then with lockdown being announced tonight properly, Wednesday and Thursday it will only be used if needed, but hoping to get my Freelander fixed before the Discovery goes. But waiting for the right fusebox to arrive is a PITA, and also hoping to get my partners Agila back by Friday so that my car is no longer being used around town.

Post #21990544th Jan 2021 7:48 pm
aja4x4

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Sorry 2.2kg is the calculation per brick that was used to work out the load on a truck when you didnt have a weigh bridge

Post #21990574th Jan 2021 7:51 pm
disco-nut

Ah, yes just weighed one, 2.2kg x 310 and then the rest (30) at about 1.5kg each is what was in the back of my car plus a breeze block, and other bits. So just the bricks about 727kg Not bad. And it didn't even notice it Laughing

Post #21990584th Jan 2021 7:57 pm
disco-nut

Caliper seized on worse than before today, and with lockdown 3.0 here, Had my car recovered without me going with it to the garage who have already replaced the caliper Shocked Very Happy Laughing But now waiting to hear if the warranty is paying for it, or if I am, if the warranty covers it, then I will also be having 4 wheel alignment done whilst it is with DTA.

For now, enjoying the Freelander with its knackered fusebox. But it is keeping me out of trouble as far as essential journeys go.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

But lockdown has set me into hunkerdown mode. Going to be working on the rear garden as my lockdown project between sorting the campervan out as that is due to go back to its owner roughly at the end of the predicted lockdown period Laughing Will actually be strange not seeing that around.

Post #21993945th Jan 2021 7:00 pm
disco-nut

Well, thanks to lots of people cancelling jobs because of lockdown, my car got done in record time Rolling with laughter Caliper was covered by my warranty thankfully, which left enough in the pot to get the wheel alignment done, I had the garage who had it to take it for the alignment as it also reduced the risk for me and they had to go to the other garage anyway. Win win Very Happy

Absolutely gobsmacked at just these 2 jobs being completed in the difference it has made in how the car drives. I thought it was quick before, but without the seized caliper, it allows the car to accelerate better than ever, and all the horrible noises that I heard before, GONE, drives smoother than ever and quieter than I have ever heard it before. Now I am really starting to feel pride in this Discovery.

Next week the temperatures are supposed to rise close enough to the digits I can get away with painting in accompanied by my patio heater, so fingers crossed, if I haven't broken myself digging in the rear garden, then I will be painting the Discovery.

Also added another security camera today at the front which has also has a spotlight just to cover all sides of the vehicles parked on the drive.

Click image to enlarge

Post #21996926th Jan 2021 8:40 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 13 of 32 <123 ... 121314 ... 303132>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >