Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 3

My 2004 Tonga Green D3
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 12 of 32 <123 ... 111213 ... 303132>
disco-nut

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

I have to give a name and registration number, but as I have to pay per bag, I can't just use different cars and different names or I would alternate between 4 vehicles that are here Laughing However in Sussex where I have relatives, no reg is required, just photo ID Shocked so have already spoken to my Mum and asked if she can kindly drop 5 bags at her tip everytime she comes up to visit Whistle Rolling with laughter

Post #219521020th Dec 2020 11:32 pm
defector

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Thankfully, still free here and allowed 52 trips a year in Greater Manchester although they have put up ANPR cameras at all sites.

Would it not be cheaper and easier to hire a builders skip rather than haul to tip AND pay £4 per bag?

Post #219521821st Dec 2020 1:50 am
disco-nut

Hell of a day, worker from yesterday was a no show today, made an excuse of boiler was steaming and needed to wait for a plumber, but on my way to picking up his replacement, I saw him in a queue to a post office looking very very rough Laughing But he worked hard yesterday for which I am grateful, and I ended up working with the guy today to speed things up, which with my disabilities has turned into a lot of pain and rest for me, and on my way back from dropping todays worker home, my Freelanders heater started working, then the central locking died! So put the Discovery in position ready to use tomorrow.

But on the easy maintenance garden front, The digging is finished thank Censored

Had to scrape more money together from nowhere, so have got another day and a half labour now sorted, tomorrow, will be getting the left over soil compacted, some cementing done, shoring up the garden edge using scaffold boards, getting the membrane down and emptying 2 sacks of sub base in as a thin layer so I can put the cars back on for the night, then Wednesday is a go hell for leather day, collecting the same guy an hour before the remaining materials arrive to make final adjustments and prep work for the materials to go in, and by the end of Wednesday, I will finally get this hell over with Laughing Then I can finally get on to sorting my Discovery out!

Post #219533221st Dec 2020 4:29 pm
disco-nut

A fair amount has gone on today, Between the easy maintenance garden conversion Rolling with laughter I actually managed to get the sidestep on but without the sill trim just so I could safely use the car. Also changed the grills back over. So it looks more how I want it to look.

But tomorrow is the last big push to get the garden converted, Then I really can focus on the Discovery again.

Post #219556422nd Dec 2020 4:23 pm
aja4x4

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Well done keep going your almost there Smile

Post #219558322nd Dec 2020 5:43 pm
Trailered Movements

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial Auto Sumatra BlackDiscovery 4

As regards getting rid of waste and the price of skips, a grab lorry round here costs £240 and will take 2 to 3 skips worth depending on what it is, ie., weight/volume.

Dave
 2011 Discovery 4 Commercial SDV6 (Gone)
2010 RRS TDV8 (Gone)
1980 OBLIC 4.0ltr Range Rover (went a long time ago) 

Post #219559122nd Dec 2020 6:08 pm
Russell

United Kingdom 

disco-nut wrote:
What a hell of a day today has been. Got my Discovery back, need to get the rear wheels aligned, not doing 4 wheel alignment for now as a track rod on the front has slight play. However there is a horrible droning sound now coming from underneath which I think may be the bearing on the replacement used propshaft that I bought. Otherwise it drives brilliantly. Very very fast.

Tomorrow afternoon it is having an upgraded sat nav screen fitted as well.

Also went laning today.

Started off down at Lade?? Where were the lanes? Romney Marsh?
 MY17 D5 1st Edition Namib Orange
MY15 D4 HSE Kaikoura Stone
MY12 D4 HSE Nara Bronze Sold and gone
MY11 D4 HSE Stornaway Grey Sold and gone
D3 S spec Silver Sold and gone
Tow bar, full length roof bars, side steps, tow bar storage unit, surround camers.
D4 camera club 

Post #219560522nd Dec 2020 7:18 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Russell

United Kingdom 

disco-nut wrote:
Actually thinking about just using a touch up kit and keeping the car here as that will show that I will not be beaten, then when she is gone, I can get the paint sorted properly, obviously depending on the outcome of the final insurance companies decision.

Why not go down the road of painting it yourself, a lot of people have rollered D1's and Series LRs, not ideal but a quick and cheap fix if she does it again
Tow bar, full length roof bars, side steps, tow bar storage unit, surround camers.
D4 camera club 

Post #219561022nd Dec 2020 7:36 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Russell

United Kingdom 

disco-nut wrote:
The footage shows it being done, but, although she wears distinctive clothing, hooded coat, and awaiting the police to collect the footages as there is facial shots but not very clear and need them to clean them up. Also pointless suing her even if she is charged as she lives in a housing association studio flat, the only stuff she owns is the skunk in her baccy pouch and the mould on the walls. So even if a CCJ was issued and even if I went to High Court and sent bailiffs, they wouldn't recover any money at all as she is literally broke.

I have however given her and her accomplices full names and addresses to my insurance company and have agreed to attend court if they pursue her. The insurance company made me do a voice signature and it actually say, Do you agree to attend court to assist us in retrieving damages. My response wall HELL YES and the woman the other end can be heard giggling at that. Lovely woman handling the claim so far.

The best outcome I can hope for is for her to move. The other problem I have as well is I can't even apply to transfer to another property in this county for another 18 months as I did a mutual exchange to get to Kent to cut my driving time in half for hospital appointments in London when I was having to go most weeks. And my current location is spot on for my partners work, for family to travel to me, also I employ a carer for me, so moving also means I would have to re-hire staff. It is just way to complicated.

I have however taken to publishing my story on several social media platforms.

I am going to shut up about this now for tonight as it is extremely depressing and I must be boring the hell out of any pore sod who is reading this.

Going to try and keep away from the auction site and facebook market place and not spend anymore money. Looking forward to walking my dog in an old area I used to live while collecting my lights in a socially distant manner enroute to the supermarket for some essential groceries Laughing

If she lives in a housing association property, report the incident to them, they dont like that sort of thing or the publicity it brings and will take their own action
D4 camera club 

Post #219561222nd Dec 2020 7:39 pm
disco-nut

Lots of replies. Rolling with laughter

1st I will answer the question about the Lanes in the Marshes. They start by Dungeness and stretch all the way up to Ashford. Trailwise is a good one to use to see exact locations. My favourite starts on the military canal in Hamstreet though.

2nd.

As far as painting goes, I am spraying it myself, I have a spray can for the stuff I primed and buzzweld kindly provided a touch up kit for the scratches. But now that I will have drive from tomorrow (Christmas present to myself Laughing ), I am happy to sort the paint to a good standard, then save for it to be re-done professionally further down the line.

3rd.

She is in social housing, as am I, They have NO interest in acting against her until the police prosecute her. So what I am doing in addition to the drive, is adding at least 1 additional camera somewhere covering the bottom of the drive behind the cars to also cover across the road.

Part of the reason my garden was dug so deep was to make sure the cars sat lower down to keep clear view of what is going on.

I am also planning on installing an LED spotlight above where the cars parked, in the direction of the womans flat but not pointing directly in it.

But all options of extra money went right out of the window today when my partners Christmas present decided it was time for the gearbox to go. I was already on notice with it, but had hoped it would survive until middle of next year as it only goes 2 miles a day on average Laughing

And my dog has grown wise to the sound of crunching gravel outside. Have been making some make the noise for a few days, so he associates that with someone on his property which makes him bark which is actually what I wanted, and I will be reversing the Freelander on toward the right blocking my path so that people are forced to walk on the gravel to come up to the house. My dog is hyper sensitive to the noise, I know if my neighbour 2 doors up has people walk on his drive as my dog growls at the gravel Rolling with laughter and he can hear it with all the windows closed. Not that I want to know when my nice neighbour has visitors Laughing But sadly, it will end up I think being a fixed CCTV system going up, with lights at the front of my house. I want to give the camera's I have as much opportunity to catch the best footage that I can. Then I need to get a bait vehicle. But no money to get one at the moment Rolling Eyes

I am looking forward to the day that I can say I managed to get a full nights sleep without fearing what damage I will wake up to.

This drive installation is the only thing at the moment that is keeping me from snapping!
But main thing I am glad about right now is the fact that I will no longer be tracking mud all over the path.

And as for disposing of the soil, I can't afford to pay for it to be taken away in 1 lump, hence the tip runs. Which I am also going to have to scale back as they are going to cost me £80 a month if I keep them up. But so far, 3 bags taken by people who want soil, 5 bags went to the tip today, 5 bags are going to the tip tomorrow, I remembered some bigs dips in the back garden need filling, so that will take 1 or 2 bags. I actually don't mind the trips to the tip to be honest. It is a mile from my house so not worried, although seriously considering when the tier system is over, taking a trip to Manchester with a trailer and using a tip up there Rolling with laughter

But next year, instead of Birthday presents, I have asked that my family all take 5 bags to their tip for me Rolling with laughter

Mixed emotions about tomorrow though, on 1 hand, I am looking forward to my drive being finished, on the other, I have a huge list of things to do, including returning a whacker plate that I can't get started, so can't even use it, I think I did everything I was told to do to start it, but just won't work for me. So the Discovery may end up being used as a compactor tomorrow along with some scaffold boards Rolling with laughter

Post #219563522nd Dec 2020 8:49 pm
disco-nut

Thank Censored this is done Very Happy Thud

Today has been a full on nightmare, internet got fixed, then on my way to collect the contractor, the delivery lorry decided to arrive, so had a word with the driver, B&Q assumed that an order I placed a week after the 1st one as it was identical, was in fact a mistake without checking with me first so decided to send HALF my order Shocked Censored Banging Head So rang around and got hold of Omni who rescued me, and sent 1 ton of loose sub base in a truck and poured it straight on the garden where it was needed.
And as it turns out, I didn't need the order from B&Q anyway as I actually only used 1 ton of stones to get it to how it is now. It needs more compacting, but the machine that was leant to me was knackered, ended up giving up with it and doing it by hand. Gladly delivered it back to the company who leant it to me this evening. Can't park on it until between 9-10pm, which is fine.

Had to use the discovery to help empty the sacks, yes, very naughty way of doing it and I risked my rear window. But got lucky this time Whistle Laughing

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Post #219589023rd Dec 2020 6:51 pm
gstuart

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Great u got it done Thumbs Up

Plus hope now both of u get some peace and quiet

Ps, Never forget of someone down the road who just parked on his drive without compacting the stones , as when he drove of his driveway he done a very slight wheel spin and ended up putting several stones through his front room window Big Cry

Post #219590023rd Dec 2020 7:07 pm
disco-nut

Cheers, but peace and quiet is definitely off the cards apparently. She has been outside baiting me throughout the drive being done, I didn't respond but did laugh. She reported my Mum for visiting, for reasons I am not putting on here, but linked to my disabilities, my Mum is allowed to come to house, although we actually limit contact, as in, now she drops shopping at the door step, rather than coming in the house as well as other measures. So I returned the favour by reporting her sidekick and the sidekicks boyfriend to the police and Asda sharing the CCTV footage of her shouting that she has covid-19 and then the next day and every day since has been going into Asda to work. This was only Thursday or Friday last week that she was shouting this out of her flat window (as you do) Laughing so told Asda that she is clearly, deliberately putting other people at risk, whether she has the virus or not, she believes she does and she is clearly very ill. So they should be isolating, but in fact so far in the last week, I counted 3 parties in the flats! Really scummy people.

But anyway back to the other semi off topic post, today has been hell, won't be buying from B&Q again, I placed an order over a week ago for another lot of materials, then was told I needed to double my order by a so-called expert, so I contacted B&Q and doubled my order. So the morons today decided that the order must have been doubled up by mistake and only sent HALF of it out. Luckily I found a local company (Omni) who's manager bent over backwards to help and got what I needed delivered in under 2 hours, enabling me to complete the drive today. Also had the internet cable repaired today, my internet speed was 26mbs before it was accidentally damaged on Saturday knocking it out completely, then today with a new cable installed, 236mbs! So although a PITA, the cable getting damaged actually did me a favour.

1st contractor was wiseboy who I feel tried to con me, but not 100% so not saying definitely or not, but others have said yes, 2nd contractor worked his backside off and did a good job, turned up on time day 1, then made excuses the next day 5 minutes before he was due, told me lived in a different town, but on my way to collect the 3rd guy, drove passed him in my current town and he was off his face Laughing but the 3rd guy, was superb, on time, helpful, seemed honest, did everything I asked, explained stuff to me how I needed it to be explained, was patient with me, and worked hard, although to get this completed on time, I had to step in which has set my health back quite a bit, but the drive is now at a usable stage.

The drive needs the gravel to be compacted properly, to settle and probably another layer of gravel put on it and compacted once we have had a couple of weeks of dry weather. I will hire a new compactor for this job. And behind the reclaimed scaffold boards I used to edge the drive and to shore up my neighbours garden need to be back filled and the excess wood from the concrete ramp at the entrance to the drive need to be cut down.

However, I have about 2 tons of stones left, and enough membrane to cover the other side in stones without sub base being put in and thanks to me storing multiple trailers on it and a V8 engine covered up on a pallet has been on it soo long, apart from a little levelling off, it is ready without soil being removed to have gravel put on it. My partner has already hit the roof and said not now Rolling with laughter so in a typical Autistic literal interpretation, I take that as a green light to start on boxing day Whistle Rolling with laughter depending on the weather. But with all the materials here ready to go. I want to get it done. Only PITA with this plan is that I will need to dig the engine hoist out to move the V8 Engine off while I do it. And this time, I will be doing it completely on my own. But at the same time, I don't want 1 ton of gravel sat in the front garden for the foreseeable in a builders bag or my patio taken up by 1 ton of 25kg bags of gravel either.

I plan to do other little things to smarten up the front of the house as well. I won't let the gargoyle across the road beat me.

Before and after of the garden and drive...

And my Discovery (Bringing it back on topic), in pride of place.

Click image to enlarge

Post #219596323rd Dec 2020 11:43 pm
disco-nut

The novelty still hasn't worn off Whistle Rolling with laughter

Click image to enlarge

Merry Christmas everyone who celebrates it for whatever reason, and enjoy your day off for everyone else who doesn't celebrate it.

Post #219618724th Dec 2020 10:26 pm
disco-nut

Didn't end up even going outside today Laughing Nothing got done to the Discovery. That will be tomorrow instead. Hope everyone had a great day.

Post #219627325th Dec 2020 6:23 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 12 of 32 <123 ... 111213 ... 303132>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >