Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

06 disco commercial whats the best re map for better mpg
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Robster wrote:
The best I have ever managed was 27MPG on a long run and normally I am struggling to get 24-25MPG
Get you engine checked for fuel injector DTC's  
Post #4136492nd Feb 2009 5:06 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Robster

United Kingdom 

What are DTC's?

Sorry to sound dumb but I do it so well!

Robin

Post #4136532nd Feb 2009 5:09 pm
10forcash

Diagnostic Trouble Codes, also known as fault codes.
could also be down to brake drag if the caliper slides are not lubricated properly

Post #4137152nd Feb 2009 6:20 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
countrywide

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Graphite LE Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 4

Miust admit I struggle to get to 27mpg at the moment. Maybe I need to check my DTC's Sad

Post #4137172nd Feb 2009 6:22 pm
10forcash

Did the drop coincide with the cold weather? if so, FBH activity is the most likely culprit. Robster's issue reads to be a long term problem

Post #4137212nd Feb 2009 6:25 pm
countrywide

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Graphite LE Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 4

It's been like it for a while, at the moment it is reading 22.3mpg. While a lot is town driving, the majority is country roads so mostly 40mph+ with few stops.

I can get 27mpg if I drive carefully on the motorway. I used to get 30mpg if I was careful Sad

Post #4137262nd Feb 2009 6:30 pm
pom

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Robster wrote:
What are DTC's?

Robin

The Bell Auto's tune box lets you read the DTC codes as well as upload/download the engine map.

Pom

Post #4137352nd Feb 2009 6:40 pm
BLACK BETTY

Ireland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

I was getting at best 25/26 mpg whilst really trying hard on a motorway, most of my driving at this stage is motorway
Stealer fitted a new injector a while back, which made an improvement but the remap is definitely the mutts nuts

Another thing to watch out for is forecourt diesel, the W Censored Kers mix kerosene into I think to improve their margins leaveing economony gank

At this point I've put a 1000ltr slimline tank at the side of the house, and buy in bulk, this helps weed out unscruplous forecourts and I save up to 10cents on forecourt prices, thats €100 per tank(1000ltr)

Basic point , I think the BAS remap was worth every single cent! Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

BB Java Black
 Nine-tenths of wisdom is being wise in time.

Also appears 9/10 of stopping is stopping in time

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=DiscoReaper&view=videos 

Post #4137442nd Feb 2009 6:48 pm
10forcash

pom wrote:
Robster wrote:
What are DTC's?

Robin

The Bell Auto's tune box lets you read the DTC codes as well as upload/download the engine map.

Pom
true, but as you know (as do I from the PM's Wink ) it doesn't actually tell you what the codes mean! - or read other modules which can 'cascade' a fault into the ECM  
Post #4137532nd Feb 2009 6:57 pm
countrywide

I have a DTC reader and although useful you still have to know what the problems are caused by. A DTC is an aid not an answer in my experience (very limited experience I must add).

The difference between a fitter and mechanic is that a fitter keeps changing the parts, which the computer tells him to until it works and a proper mechanic/technician (or whatever the title is) looks at the codes and thinks what could cause that and tests the whole chain.

That's why 10ForCash has the reputation he has, he can diagnose faults without even seeing the car Shocked

Post #4137572nd Feb 2009 7:01 pm
bellautos

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Ive posted a list of codes on the forum for members so it can help you undestand the fault codes that may be present.

Unless you have a more complete or accurate list you can share with the members 10forcash ??

Thanks to 10forcash for advising a members on there fault codes found ,you beat me to it as i was adding the list at the end of the BAS remap interface thread but it was not finished when you were asked.

I apreciate that the very odd D3 spacific LR codes are not in the list and can only be read with the lr tool.

But the rest of the codes that my tool reads can be found all over the web, with a basic descrition of there meaning.
As said the fault code alone wont fix the car it will only point in the direction of the problem.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&r...&meta=

Regards Pete

Post #4137712nd Feb 2009 7:21 pm
10forcash

Some members PM'd me the DTC's - I responded Rolling Eyes
Yes I do have the full LR DTC's for all modules but as there are potential copyright issues it's not appropriate to post them here or anywhere else with public access
also note that the full DTC's are 7 bit, generic code readers only pick up the first 5 so may not be specific enough to form a diagnostic trail

Post #4137752nd Feb 2009 7:27 pm
bellautos

10forcash wrote:
Some members PM'd me the DTC's - I responded Rolling Eyes

I apreciate it thank you.

10forcash wrote:

also note that the full DTC's are 7 bit, generic code readers only pick up the first 5 so may not be specific enough to form a diagnostic trail

Yes this is true, this is because the tool is only EOBD compatable tool and not a fully LR based.
As you know you cant beat the genuine dealer IDS tool for doing a full diagnostic.

Regards Pete

Post #4137812nd Feb 2009 7:34 pm
bellautos

Here is a pdf for the people who may need it.
Is has 99% of the LR fault codes inside, with there basic descriptions.

Regards Pete

http://www.disco3.co.uk/gallery/albums/use...-codes.pdf

Post #4138832nd Feb 2009 9:58 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >